Hello, welcome to academmie blog! Are you here because you want to know about how to gain a direct entry admission into Nigerian Universities? We all know that gaining admission into Nigerian universities can be a competitive and challenging process, While many students take the traditional route like JAMB examination, some students may also decide to take the alternative way known as Direct Entry.
Meanwhile, Direct entry is a way to gain admission into some Nigerian university without having to write the JAMB examination.
People Also Ask
Below are the questions people like you commonly ask on Google about direct entry admission, which I’m going to provide an answer to at the end of this post.
- Which University in Nigeria accept lower credit for direct entry?
- Does university of Lagos accept lower credit for direct entry?
- What is the GPA for direct entry?
- What is the direct entry requirement for law in BUK?
- Does Ahmadu Bello University accept lower credit for direct entry?
In this article, I will provide you with all the necessary details you need to know about how to gain direct entry admission Into Nigerian universities and equally give answers to all the frequently asked questions above.
General JAMB Requirements For Direct Entry Into Nigerian Universities
There are different qualifications that you can use to gain direct entry admission into Nigerian universities through JAMB without sitting for the exam and you may be considered for admission if you meet two of the following requirements:
- You MUST have a minimum of O’Level credit pass in ﬁve (5) core subjects with at most two sittings.
- You MUST have at least two passes in your advanced level examination like IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate with not less than three other credit passes in the SSCE.
- You MUST have a minimum of two passes in major subjects in the NCE with additional three (3) other credit passes in SSSC, NTC/NBC (mainly for Education Courses)
- You MUST have a minimum of lower credit grade in the National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma with the appropriate O’level requirements.
Note that some universities doesn’t accept direct entry for some professional courses irrespective of your grade like MBBS and Law. So, it is advisable for you to make proper confirmation before applying for any school.
How to Apply for Direct Entry Admission Into Nigerian Universities
Below are the steps to be taken if you want to apply for direct entry admission into Nigerian universities.
- You will need to register for a JAMB Direct Entry (See the requirements above).
- Once you have registered, you will need to upload your O’level and A’level results.
- You will also need to select your preferred university and course.
- You will then pay the application fee which should be around N3,500.
Once you are done with the above steps, you will be required to go for the your chosen university admission screening, which usually involve an interview or a written test.
Now that we have come to the end of this post, I hope we were able to provide you with all the necessary things you need to know about gaining direct entry admission Into Nigerian Universities, once you have done the above listed things, you will be able to attend any university of your choice, provided that the university accepts direct entry applications.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions related to direct entry admission into Nigerian universities, which we have earlier promised answers.
Which University in Nigeria Accept Lower Credit for Direct Entry?
Below are university in Nigeria that accept lower credit for direct entry admission, based on the admission standards listed in the JAMB brochure.
- National Open University
- Modibbo Adama University Of Technology
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Federal University Lokoja
- Federal University Gushua
- Federal University Wukari
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Abia State University
- University of Calabar
- University of Uyo
- Osun State University
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Usman Danfodio University
- Gombe State University
- Kwara State University
- Kogi State University
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University
- Ebonyi State University
- Bauchi State University
- Chukwu Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Imo State University
- Sokoto State University
- Niger Delta University
- Ekiti State University
- Lagos State University
- Sule Lamido University
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
- Yobe State University
- Taraba State University
- University of Maiduguri
- Ambrose Ali University
- Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba
- Adamawa State University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ondo State University Of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University
- Kaduna State University
- Nasarawa State University
Does University Of Lagos Accept Lower Credit for Direct Entry?
NO, University of Lagos does not accept lower credit for direct entry into most courses, higher credit are required for courses like engineering and medical, except for some courses in the faculty of arts and social sciences.
What is the Minimum GPA for Direct Entry Admission Into Nigerian Universities?
The minimum GPA for direct entry into Nigerian universities is 2.5 but varies depending on the institution and the course you are applying for. However, most universities require a minimum GPA of 3.0 for direct entry.
What is the Direct Entry Requirement for Law in BUK?
You may be considered for direct entry admission for Law in BUK if you meet one of the following requirements below:
- You MUST have a two or three years diploma certificate in Law at credit level with at least credit in three (3) papers including English language and English Literature in the SSSC exam.
- You MUST have at least ten (10) points in IJMB and at least credit in 3 papers including English Language in your SSSC exam.
You can learn about the UTME requirements with registration process via https://law.buk.edu.ng/?q=node/5
Does Ahmadu Bello University Accept Lower Credit for Direct Entry?
Ahmadu Bello University Zaira does not accept lower credit for direct entry admission into all courses, the minimum GPA for direct entry in ABU Zaria is 3.0
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any other questions regarding to direct entry admission into Nigerian universities, please feel free to ask via the comment section below.